Rules and Acceptable Use
Most Adventist Health System employees that use Microsoft Office as a part of their job are entitled to install Office on one or more home PCs as a benefit of the Office 365 program. This page will walk you through verifying your eligibility for the Office Home Use program, as well as downloading and installing the software on your home PC.
Each employee is limited to a maximum of 5 Office installations, including both work and home devices. Additional installations beyond this number will require an existing copy to be deactivated on the Office 365 website. If you leave Adventist Health System, your Office 365 license will be removed at the time your network access is disabled.
- From your personal computer, open http://Office.ahss.org.
- Sign in with your AHS username and password.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, then select Office 365 Settings from the menu that appears.
- On the “Me” page that appears, you will see a column on the right that contains some information about your AHS account. At the bottom of this column you will see a section titled Assigned licenses. If your license list looks like the list under the “Office User” category below, then you will be able to install Office on your home PC. If not, you are currently only licensed for email through the Office 365 service, and will not be able to install Office on a personal PC.
- To proceed with Office installation, click the Software link.
- From this page you can see your Office 365 license status, and deactivate licenses that are no longer needed, as well as begin the installation of Microsoft Office on a personal PC.
- Click the Install button at the bottom of the page to begin the download.
- Once the Office installer has downloaded, you can run the application from your downloads folder, or whichever location you specified to save the file.
- The installer will take a few minutes to download the most up to date files for your computer before you can begin using Office.
- After several informational windows appear, you will be able to being using your Office applications. Some files will continue to download in the background to complete the installation, and you will see a message on your screen indicating the progress of this download.